The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Friday, April 03, 2009

Stones 'R' Us

LB12/11

Didn't think I was going to get out there today with the haar, but decided it wasn't too cold and there was no wind so ventured out at 1.30 pm. Within half an hour the sun broke through and the day was transformed.

Stone clearing duty again today. Had hoped to get some planting done but in the end decided it would be better to get the whole of the back of LB12 completed and then just sort of carried on with LB11. I have still got to do the area where the daffodils are, but I will wait until they have died back as they are only temporarily homed there.

It is still a bit of a mystery to me how I can remove so many stones - I have lost track of how many bucket loads - and the soil level goes up...

Completely lost track of time and it was only when I spotted David and Bracken walking up the path from the river that I looked at my watch - 7 p.m. Time to call it a day -
the best part of five hours allowing for a couple of coffee breaks during the afternoon to give my knees a rest - enjoyed sitting on the new patio for the first time looking at the view to the river. The excavated path is a lot better defined now that I have removed the extraneous stones and crud from the back of the rocks.

It is a little daunting when I see how much there is still to do...and then there are the new beds inside the walls...and all the rest...



No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors