The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Twitching at Todheugh

Springwatch is in overdrive at Todheugh.

Yesterday I took my binocs with me when we walked the dogs down the path by the river. While I was watching the oystercatchers I saw a kingfisher - a flash of iridescent blue speeding along the river. Now you see it, now you don't.

I needed to pop into Duns today to put a cheque into the bank.

As I stepped out of the door I saw this little cutie pie. I am guessing a song thrush chick. Frozen to the spot - if I don't move she can't see me...


Back in to get camera and warn Paul. Don't let the dogs out. Jen has a history of swallowing chicks in a single mouthful if we don't see them before she does...


Then I spotted a second one on the corner of the lawn at the start of the high bank. Same reaction - don't move...


A little further on, huddling at the bottom of the wall amongst stray wild strawberry plants, I found a third chick.


Luckily they have all moved on now...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors