The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back On The Study Wagon

I had taken a sort of break with my word studying. The garden was/is taking up a lot of my time and to be honest I had lost my enthusiasm for it. However, as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

So about three weeks ago I decided to put in a concerted effort on the lower probability 7s and actually go through them all starting at 20001, which I certainly haven't done for a very long time - probably pre Sowpods. And today I got to the end. Hurrah. I'm not saying that I know them all, but I know a lot more now than I did... And now I have gone back to the start - just whizzed through the top 1000. Hopefully will get some time in on the high-prob 8s before the masters next weekend too.

I'm also revising the fours. Trying Joel Wapnick's technique of trying to fix every tenth word and then fill in the gaps. Works when I can actually remember the key words - I have found I don't even need to remember all the key words as long as I can remember enough of them to know whether I am on track or not. Only problem will be when we change dictionary again...

I haven't touched my cardbox. Am thinking of scrapping it and starting again, only adding in words I miss or are of the type that leap out as the only possible answer but are not in my normal/high-probability scrabble vocabulary. I still think revising the high-probability words more frequently is more beneficial.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors