The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Tale of Two Doggies

I woke up early this morning and decided to just get up as I had been tossing and turning, Paul had been snoring, and it was a glorious morning.

"It's only half past five".

"Yep".

I made myself a cup of coffee, let the dogs out the back, opened the gate so that they could get through to the patio where I had placed a couple of chairs to deter them running through on to the front lawn. I was sitting quietly sipping my coffee and enjoying watching and listening to the birds. A lovely peaceful start to the day.

And then out of nowhere appear two very wet and weed-covered black dogs, one large (labrador) and one small (not sure), from the lawn on to the patio. Luckily I reacted faster than Poncho who had just wandered through the gate. I grabbed him by the collar and shoved him in to the sunroom before he realised what was happening. I then locked the side gate before Jen came running through from the back garden.

Now I had Poncho going ape-shit in the sunroom, barking and standing on his hind legs, front paws on the window. Jen barking and jumping on my potato plants in the back garden. And two black dogs looking at me questioningly with wagging tails.

I tried to get them to exit stage right. They followed me to the lawn but no further. And then they just ran down my bank and away. Investigation of the wet doggy paw prints indicate that they headed to the gate opposite Margaret's.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors