The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Edinburgh Festival of Scrabble

What can I say.

I blew it.

Game 1 and I made a stupid mistake on my tracking right at the end, and thus blocked the 'winning' play by my opponent to lose by 1 point.

So I came second, one game behind Mikki but with a better spread.

On the positive side I did play some good words (I was especially pleased with WAMmULS) and made a great comeback (126 behind Barry Grossman after 4 moves) to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat...

I have my BEST match against Allan on Thursday - first to five to go through to the regional final.

I am busily catching up on my cardbox. 771 waiting for me when I opened up the cardbox quiz on Monday morning. Had got it down to 338 when I went back in this morning. Should get that cleared over the course of today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors