The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Blustery Day

We had been hearing all day reports of the bridges up here being closed to all but cars due to the high winds. Our small bench has been blown over several times - we had given up picking it back up. The newly filled bird feeder is swinging like some mad fairground ride.

I was looking out of the bedroom window, watching the white horses on the river and the twigs and leaves flying through the air on the other side of the road. I looked down and saw Paul in the garden. Then I looked across and saw the ivy-trellis on the lawn.

I raced downstairs and we managed to get it upright with a bit of a struggle, and Paul could hold it in place long enough to allow me to rescue the pots from under it.

The wind was blowing me backwards as I took this photograph...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors