The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Les Cloches Du Todheugh

I should have spent Monday gardening. Lost my match with Neil 4-3...

Only got 4 hours out there yesterday as we needed to go food shopping in the morning and play bridge in the evening, but made good progress on LB10.

Back out this morning continuing where I left off.

And then after lunch it was time to complete the homemade cloches. One of the bits of pipe has got a bit of a kink in it, but it still serves its purpose.

I had been wondering how to attach the cover to the frames but then I remembered that I had bought a pack of various clips and garden ties from Aldi's last year. So the covers are now clipped to the frame. This is actually better than permanently attaching them as I can change it to netting in the summer.


Paul helped me relocate them to their new homes.

Not bad for a total cost of about 15 quid - and most of that was for the tin of wood preservative.

The rest of the day was spent continuing on LB10. I really thought I would get it finished today but I hadn't counted on quite how many stones there were.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors