The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Clicking Needles

I have rediscovered the joy of knitting.

And my wool mountain.

Having finished the jumper I started on a new project - leg warmers. I was quite pleased with my first effort. They have stretched more than I would like but are still fine over jeans and they do achieve their purpose. I will certainly have some more attempts until I get my perfect pattern.

Spurred on by the prolonged snow, ice and well below freezing temperatures here I decided the next must have accessory was a hat with ear flaps. I had first thought of Scandinavian-type ski hats. There are a surprising number of free knitting patterns on the web but you really need to know what you are looking for. In the end I found this site for South American chullos.

I used UK chunky wool and 5mm needles, which gave the correct 16 stitches/4 inches but only 20 rows/4 inches. However, this has still worked for the pattern and meant that it was very quick to knit!

The jumper wasn't bad either - my own design. Well, I made it up as I went along...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should enrole at Eyemouth harbour on a net mending course. This would leave double knitting in the shade. Jill

Anonymous said...

Please note that I added a stitch to enrol. Jill.

Ekta Tiwari said...

Knitting Wool
its really nice to read your post.i will surely try to use this knitting pattern to make stretchable woolen jumpers.thank for sharing it.

Blog Archive

Contributors