The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Monday, July 16, 2007

Berwickshire Scrabblers in the News

Last week Allan and I were interviewed by the Berwickshire News following our success in the UK Masters, and the article appeared in Thursday's edition.

I have found in the past that the articles printed in newspapers bear little resemblance to what has been said in the interview, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I read it online. I drove into Duns to get a couple of copies, and was even more surprised to see our photograph on the front page. Unfortunately I am squinting as the photographer had us looking up into a very bright sky, while he was on a step-ladder looking down at us and the board.

I have been progressing well on my studying, at the expense of the garden - the weather is still pretty wet, but looks as if it might be better this afternoon. I have now got all of the 5s, the top 8000 7s (plus a few single anagram lower probability ones that I put in when I started) and have started adding 8s (top 1000 so far) into the cardbox quiz. I must admit that I have used the reschedule option a couple of times after the last couple of weekends when I wasn't keeping up and found a couple of thousand questions waiting for me. I also want to spend some time reviewing all the 4s before the BMSC at the end of August...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors