The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...

Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2007

CSW - The Start of a Journey

My free ABSP copy of the 'Collins Scrabble Tournament and Club Wordlist initiation kit' arrived a little over 3 weeks ago, and I resisted the temptation to dive into it until after the Scottish Masters. We do not switch from Chambers to Collins until May 15th, and I have two more tournaments planned before the cut over - Durham and the Scottish Open. However, there is a lot of work to be done and I decided to start a couple of weeks ago. I will buy a copy of the complete new book at Durham.

The initiation kit is a great starting point. It lists all the new 2/3/4s and their definitions, 5s with J/Q/X/Z, 3+ vowels and hooks of 4s, vowel-heavy bonuses (5+ vowel 7/8s), new Collins-only S hooks for 2-6s, new high probability 7/8s and new 7/8s from the top 250 6/7 stems.

I have learnt the new 2s, 3s and 4s - 369 words in total. I am also pretty well up on which of the 4s are blockers, and which do/do not take an S.

I have spent a couple of days on the new 5s containing J/Q/X/Z - 72 in total - almost there now. Next I will concentrate on the new hooks for 4 to 5. And then back to 4s again to see if they are actually in my head or just in short-term memory...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors