Two weeks on from the planning stage and I have completed 60% of the back...
Changing yellows every two rows.
Changing greys every three rows at most.
I have used silks for the star outlines.
In theory I only have three colours per row but at times on the first star I was juggling ten balls of wool! Now I prewind the silk into balls of four strands and life is a lot easier.
And it looks pretty good on the wrong side too...
But I have now reached the point of casting on the stitches for the sleeves. Three more star repeats for each sleeve.
So I have managed to get the extra stitches on the needle - just. But I am concerned about how squidged it is. When it comes to stranding the yarn at the back when I start the stars it may well pucker so it is all systems stop.
Luckily I foresaw this may happen and have bought some 48" circular needles, but they probably won't arrive until I get back from Malta.
The trials and tribulations of a life of leisure...
- ► 2012 (17)
- ▼ April (4)
- ► 2010 (87)
- ► 2009 (110)
- ► 2008 (145)
- ► 2007 (85)